Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Rocket Man

Packed my bags last night, pre flight... Zero hour, 5 a.m.

What a trip! I spent my free day relaxing, and it was amazing. Took a walk up and down the beach, went to pancackes on the rocks, took a nap... It was great. I wish we had multiple free days in Gold Coast. I wish the sky diving hadn't been so expensive. I probably would have gone. That and I'm not paying to jump tandem. I took my training wheels and pull-ups off a long time ago. I'm actually pretty glad I spent my day relaxing and catching up on sleep. The sound of the ocean made it easy.

This 18 days has flown by! It seems like just yesterday we took of from Charlotte and Cassie was the only person I knew (because I met her on the plane). Now we're one big weird family. A fun one though. Part of me is ready to get home, and a part of me wants to stay. The younger part (I feel like) wants to stay and live in Gold Coast as a back packer. I could definitely do it. 

Looking back, I wish Gold Coast was longer... Then again, I wish the whole trip were longer. I had a great time in Cairns. Sydney was awesome, but pales in comparison to the other two stops. This has been an amazing experience either way. I'm very grateful to have been here. Now it's time to head to Pittsburgh and watch the Pens win another cup! Then on to more summer classes... None of them will be as awesome as this. And I doubt I'll be as close to my classmates. I'm gonna miss this comraderie. It's not the same as the military, but it's the closest I've been with traditional students. I really hope I can make grad school happen at Bond!

1 comment:

  1. Honestly I don't think I've laughed harder or had as good of a time traveling with others as I've had in the land down under. Thanks for the company, and good luck in your graduate school studies. And Go Pens!

    ReplyDelete